Updated guide on climate change for private equity investors
June 01, 2016
PRI and IIGCC have published A guide on climate change for private equity investors aimed at institutional investors who are limited partners (LPs) in private equity funds or private equity fund general partners (GPs) managing such funds.The guide updates IIGCC’s 2010 A Guide on Climate Change for Private Equity Investors. It explains:
• the changing policy background set to follow from the Paris Agreement
• the way investment-grade climate policies are beginning to materialise in Europe and other countries
• how to measure carbon emissions in private equity investment
• how to engage across the investment supply chain to reduce carbon asset risk in this asset class
• how to seek out low carbon investment opportunities.