Call for Asset Owner Advisory Committee members
December 09, 2015
The PRI is calling for applications from asset owner signatories to sit on a new Asset Owner Advisory Committee. The committee will advise the work of the Asset Owner work stream, which is being set up as part of the PRI’s 2015-2018 strategic plan.
The work stream will have the following objectives:
- Provide responsible investment guidance and implementation support to asset owners, for example on responsible investment policy and strategy.
- Create insight into the opportunities for asset owners to incorporate ESG factors, such as when selecting, appointing and monitoring managers.
- Create insight into the opportunities to incorporate ESG factors at the portfolio level, for example into passive investment management.
Criteria for application are:
- PRI asset owner signatory;
- Demonstrated interest in the role that asset owners play to accelerate responsible investment throughout global investment chains;
- relative seniority within signatories’ organisations.
The Asset Owner Advisory Committee will have the following features:
- a balanced geographical spread;
- a broad and diverse range of skills, backgrounds and expertise.
To apply for the Asset Owner Advisory Committee, PRI asset owner signatories can send an expression of interest (up to 200 words), including short biography (up to 100 words) by 28 November 2015 to Don Gerritsen.
Candidates will be notified about the results of the selection procedure in the week of 21 December 2015, after which shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. The Terms of Reference for the Asset Owner Advisory Committee can be found here. For questions about PRI’s asset owner strategy, please contact Don Gerritsen.