PRI Event: Investment Consultant Services Review - San Francisco
At this event, the PRI will present their recently launched Investment Consultant Services Review in San Francisco on Wednesday 21 February, hosted by MSCI. The review examines the full suite of investment consultants’ service provision from an ESG perspective.
- Ophir Bruck, US Network Manager, Global Networks & Outreach, PRI
- Sarah Cleveland, Senior adviser to the PRI
- Valerie Dion, Senior Consultant, Russell Investments
- Daniel Ingram, Vice President, Responsible Investment Research & Consulting, Wilshire Associates Incorporated
- Will Martindale, Head of Policy, PRI
- Jamie Nulph, Vice President, ESG Consultant, MSCI
- Kirsten Spalding, Program Director, Ceres
Investment consultants advise on the investment practices of trillions of dollars worldwide. They advise asset owners on funding decisions, asset allocation, manager selection and reporting, and they train sponsors and trustees on investment processes. They are a recognised source of authority and knowledge. The views that investment consultants hold about ESG factors have major implications for the sustainability of the financial system.
The report finds that despite pockets of excellence, ESG considerations are not a standard part of the advice offered by investment consultants. There are many barriers in market structure, industry practice, and policy and regulation that need to be overcome.
The PRI has identified a set of preliminary interventions that will be developed over the coming months to address these barriers – including improving incentives from asset owners, setting expectations on ESG integrated advice and changes to the policy and regulatory framework for investment consultants.
Detailed agenda to follow. For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
We would like to thank MSCI for their support with this event.