European RI Conference: Mobilising capital to shape the future we want
European Responsible Investment Conference: Mobilising capital to shape the future we want.
A multi-stakeholder conference organised by ShareAction
Following the success in 2016 of ShareAction’s first European conference, Responsible Investment in Europe, we are again bringing together leading players from across Europe’s investment sector, civil society and policy community to debate and shape the future of investment in the region and its impacts beyond.
The 2017 conference takes place in The Hague on 14 & 15 September and we’d love to see you there. The full programme can be seen here.
Serious momentum has built around the sustainable finance agenda in Europe. Building on the creation of the EU High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and an increasing number of civil society programmes focused on finance, the conditions are right to achieve a greater shift of the system, towards the delivery of investment practices that truly serve savers, society and the environment.
Substantial effort is needed to ensure that private capital accelerates the delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change. No sector can achieve this task in isolation, which is why we are again bringing together leaders from Europe’s investment sector, civil society and policy community to debate and shape the future of investment in the region.
Sessions will cover:
- How we ensure major European investors make a real impact as responsible investors and are accountable for their investment strategies and decisions
- How civil society can step up its engagement with the investment system and challenge it in the interests of accelerating delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change
- The role of European policy-makers in creating an effective regulatory framework that makes Europe’s investment industry competitive while serving the public interest.
What we want to achieve:
- Articulate a compelling vision for a European investment system that drives sustainable business practices in Europe and beyond.
- Build on the interim recommendations of the High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, to debate next steps for cementing Europe’s lead as a global centre of excellence in responsible investment, while influencing standards in other regions of the world.
- Present exemplary case studies in responsible investment, policy-making and regulation to cross-pollinate best practice across European borders.
- Establish greater collaboration between leaders in different sectors around the theme of responsible investment.
Some of our exciting speakers include:
- Laurence Tubiana, CEO of The European Climate Foundation
- Saker Nusseibeh, CEO of Hermes Investment Management
- José Meijer, Vice-President of ABP and Director for Pensions at the Dutch trade union Federatie Nederlandse Vakbeweging (FNV)
- Jean Boissinot, Head of Banking and Financial Sector Analysis at the French Treasury
- Catherine Howarth, Chief Executive of ShareAction
- Angélique Laskewitz, Managing Director of The Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO)
- Fiona Reynolds, Director at UN PRI
- Ingrid Holmes, Director at E3G
- Alexandra van Selm, Program Director, International Responsible Business Conduct at the Social and Economic Council (SER)
Who should attend?
- Investment professionals
- Civil society organisations and trade unions
- Policy-makers and financial regulators
- Listed companies
- and think-tanks
The second day, 15 September, is dedicated to ERIN member organisations and other civil society organisations. If you have a civil society role or affiliation, we strongly encourage you to attend both days.
The conference will be delivered in partnership with the Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO). This event is generously supported by The MAVA Foundation, The KR Foundation and The Guerrilla Foundation.
If you have any questions regarding the conference, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sunniva Gautvik at ShareAction, on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 34757872.
|This event is organised by ShareAction.|