ESG Integration - How Are Social Issues Influencing Investment Decisions?
In recent years, there has been an increasing awareness of the financial benefits of integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment processes. While this has typically focused on environmental and governance factors, understanding the importance of social issues is gaining momentum. During this event, you will hear from panelists on what are the social issues megatrends that are likely to affect future investment performance and how practitioners are integrating social issues into their investment analysis, models and decisions.
Panel 1: Social Issues Megatrends - Economic and Financial Implications of Human Rights Risks, Europe's Migrant Crisis and Economic Inequality & Populism
- Moderator: Bettina Reinboth, Manager, Social Issues, PRI
- Ken McPhail, Professor of Accounting and Vice Dean for Social Responsibility, University of Manchester
- J. Jason Mitchell, Sustainability Strategist and Portfolio Manager, Man Group
- David Wood, Director of the Initiative for Responsible Investment, Harvard's Kennedy School of Government
Panel 2: Case Studies on Integrating Social Issues
- Moderator: Justin Sloggett, Senior Manager, Investment Practices, PRI
- Lauren Compere, Managing Director and the Director of Shareowner Engagement, Boston Common Asset Management
- Jeremy Cote, CFA, Equity Research Analyst, Trillium Asset Management
- Robert M. Wilson, Jr., Research Analyst, MFS Investment Management
This event is organised by the CFA Society Boston.